Melee attack issue

wizwaz

Hi,

I am experiencing an issue when the character does a punch while facing the camera. The character's hand gets twisted. For more clarity, please refer the attached video. Any support to resolve this is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wasa

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-24 094616.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-24 094616.png
    242.4 KB · Views: 6
Are you using a custom animation for the attack? If so make sure you've configured that animation to use the same rig as your character (you can do this in the inspector when selecting the animation FBX, under the "Rig" tab).

Are you using a custom animation for the attack? If so make sure you've configured that animation to use the same rig as your character (you can do this in the inspector when selecting the animation FBX, under the "Rig" tab).
Thanks for your reply. I am using the default animations provided with the Third Person Controller.

This looks like a CharacterIK issue - you maybe have the handweight set high on CharacterIK. In the demo scene the character will probably have a preset with a handweight of 0. Do you have a CharacterIK preset for your melee attack state?

This looks like a CharacterIK issue - you maybe have the handweight set high on CharacterIK. In the demo scene the character will probably have a preset with a handweight of 0. Do you have a CharacterIK preset for your melee attack state?
Thank you so much for your suggestion!!! It's working now. I had to change the Hand Weight and Hand Position Offset and now it's all working fine. Thanks again.