Many Warnings + Bugs with TPC 3.0.5 Demo

airoll

Hello I created a brand new project to test out UCC 3.0.5 using Third Party Controller. I downloaded the Third Party Controller and the Third Party Controller Ultimate Character Controller Demo packages from the Opsive Store.

I am getting the following warnings and errors:
  1. The referenced script (Unknown) on this behavior is missing! This is referring to the script on the right for the CrazyCowboy, Off, OldSchool, Astronaut, Modern, Giant, and Drunk game objects.

1675044494725.png

2. The referenced script (Unknown) on this behavior is missing! This is referring to the script on the right for the Springs game objects.

1675044651857.png

3. The referenced script (Unknown) on this behavior is missing! This is referring to the script on the right for the FirstPersonCamera, SplitScreenCamera, and MainCamera game objects.

1675044821065.png

4. Error: The state FirstPersonSpringZone on MainCamera (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Camera.CameraController) does not have a preset. Ensure each non-default state contains a preset.
  5. The state FirstPersonFreeLook on MainCamera (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Camera.CameraController) does not have a preset. Ensure each non-default state contains a preset.
  6. The state FirstPerson on Atlas (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.CharacterIK) does not have a preset. Ensure each non-default state contains a preset.
  7. Animator is not playing an AnimatorController.
  8. The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing! The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'RheaFirstPersonLeftArm (Missing Prefab with guid: b1bc664c49801fe4e91461e6cc014da0)') is missing! This appears to be affecting the FirstPersonObjects, AtlasFirstPersonArms, AtlasFirstPersonLeftArm, AtlasFirstPersonRightArm, RheaFirstPersonArms, RheaFirstPersonLeftArm, and RheaFirstPersonRightArm game objects.

1675044977946.png

The list goes on. In total there are 168 warnings and 14 errors. It seems like most of these are related to not having the first person controller components installed. Is there a way to fix the demo?

Did you download the Ultimate Character Controller demo package from the demo page? You have many references to the first person objects which only exist in that package. You should only download the Ultimate Character Controller demo package if you have UFPS imported as well.

Actually @Justin I was able to open the demo in the TPC package. However, when I install the Ultimate Inventory System integration for UCC and open its demo, I get the same sets of errors:

1. Referenced script is missing.
2. The state FirstPerson on Rhea/Atlas does not have a preset.
3. Animator is not playing an AnimationController.

I am not getting an errors when I open the TPC Demo or the UIS Demo.

When you open up the integration demo scene there should be a script that automatically removes the unnecessary objects. I doesn't look like that object exists though. We will get this fixed for the next update - thanks for the report!

Just following up here, I tried TPC 3.0.6 and UIS 1.2.13. It looks like most of these errors were fixed, except for:

This script on the MainCamera game object:

1676521488290.png
This script on the FirstPersonCamera game object:
1676521533524.png

The top one should reference the Camera Handler and the bottom one should reference the Material Swapper. Did your guids change? Those files are included with both assets so there shouldn't be any resolution problems.