Make vehicle rotation follow virtual joystick, not vehicle direction

quanarmy

Hi, I'm making vehicle rotation follow virtual joystick direction, not vehicle direction.
Is there any ideas for this without forcing vehicle direction?

I actually don't understand what you want to achieve. The CarController included in the demo is a physics-based controller, using the Unity wheel system. The joystick input is directly translated into wheel angles.

If you mean camera direction, then you can execute the event "OnCharacterForceIndependantLook" I think it was named... or more easily, do not SetPlatform() and the camera stay with input instead of car.. If SetPlatform() is used then camera will try sync with the platform + input

Ultimate Seating Controller addon (my asset) has an example of this. But I have not tested with virtual controls, although, I would imagine it'll work seamless as the UCC code is not touched. Therefore the virtual controls should by rights act as normal but with the effect your after (I use it for the fact items can be equipped if seat allows), plus multiple seats, vehicle weapons, IK based seats and mounted weapons (no extra animation work), and more.. plus a parachute coming in next update along with a gunship example.

I actually don't understand what you want to achieve. The CarController included in the demo is a physics-based controller, using the Unity wheel system. The joystick input is directly translated into wheel angles.
Hi Christian, I'm trying to make skateboard. For now I'm using Drive ability & VehicleController (Skycar) to do this stuff. It's easy to control with keyboard but with mobile & joystick, it's really hard. I need to make it easy for mobile

Ultimate Seating Controller addon (my asset) has an example of this. But I have not tested with virtual controls, although, I would imagine it'll work seamless as the UCC code is not touched. Therefore the virtual controls should by rights act as normal but with the effect your after (I use it for the fact items can be equipped if seat allows), plus multiple seats, vehicle weapons, IK based seats and mounted weapons (no extra animation work), and more.. plus a parachute coming in next update along with a gunship example.
Thank you. I'll try