Look Source error in console

Todosanto

Just created a main scene, added a Character and this error comes out.

Error: There is no look source attached to the character. Ensure the character has a look source attached. For player characters the look source is the Camera Controller, and AI agents use the Local Look Source.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.FirstPersonController.Character.MovementTypes.Combat:GetDeltaYawRotation(Single, Single, Single, Single) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/FirstPersonController/Character/MovementTypes/Combat.cs:32)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler:GetDeltaYawRotation() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:200)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.KinematicCharacter:Move(Boolean) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/KinematicObjectManager.cs:235)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.KinematicObjectManager:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/KinematicObjectManager.cs:856)

1635376870111.png

1635376903430.png

1635376992586.png

This probably means that your character isn't being assigned to your camera. In the demo, this is done manually in the DemoManager script (in SelectStartingPerspective). You could do something similar, or more simply just use "Init Character On Awake" on your Camera Controller, and assign your character gameobject to the "Character" field.

I don't find that kind of script... Should I copy the DemoManager into my GameManager object??? Or create a GameManager like the one that the demo has?

So... I kinda fixed it, but not in an orthodox way. I did deleted the CameraController and then went back to the Setup Manager and set the camera again. It did this:

1635441942969.png

So the main issue is that, for newly created scenes, the camera struggles to find the object with the "Player" tag

Steps to reproduce:

1) Create a new scene
2) Add a Plain
3) Go to Tools > Opsive > Main Manager
4) Go to Setup tab
5) Add managers
6) set up camera
7) Add UI
8) Add Virtual Controls
9) Go to Character tab
10) follow the steps to add a New Character
11) On setup go to Project
12) Update Buttons
13) Update Layers - The CameraManager does not recognize the player tag neither in the First Person Character object nor Nolan object

Had to remove the component and setup the camera again so it can identify them

It looks like you have multiple characters. There's a First Person Character character and Nolan character. Nolan has a look source but First Person Character doesn't. You'll likely want to remove one of those characters.