LedgeStrafe.cs error with 'ItemEquipVerifier'

frothy

Someone posted this issue in the discord and when I posted how I fixed it one of the mods asked me to post here.

User reported issue:
Hi i Keep getting an error Stating: Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Add-Ons\Agility\Scripts\LedgeStrafe.cs(387,64): error CS1061: 'ItemEquipVerifier' does not contain a definition for 'StartingAbility' and no accessible extension method 'StartingAbility' accepting a first argument of type 'ItemEquipVerifier' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I had received the same one despite following the instructions in the included PDF.

Not best practice but here's how I fixed it.

Change line 387 of LedgeStrafe.cs to

Code:
m_CharacterLocomotion.ItemEquipVerifierAbility.m_StartingAbility = hangAbility;
and then go to the ItemEquipVerifier.cs script and change the m_StartingAbility variable to public.

Attachments

• error2.png
    error2.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 2
  • update1.jpg
    update1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2
Are you running version 2.4.7? A similar change is in that version.
Not sure about the original reporter of this issue but I am using 2.4.7.

I first installed the addon, got the error, uninstalled the addon, updated to 2.4.7, then reinstalled the addon. Maybe the conflict prevented all files from importing? When I click import now though there are no file changes detected.

What controller variant are you using? Have you tried a fresh project? Before release I installed in a fresh project with UCC, UFPS, and TPC and didn't receive any compiler errors.

What controller variant are you using? Have you tried a fresh project? Before release I installed in a fresh project with UCC, UFPS, and TPC and didn't receive any compiler errors.

UCC in 2021.3.0f1 haven't set up a fresh project but in both projects we're working on we received the same message.

I just imported a fresh UCC package and it is correct. Line 42 has:

Code:
        public Ability StartingAbility { get { return m_StartingAbility; } set { m_StartingAbility = value; } }

I recommend clearing you Asset Store download cache, downloading the asset again, removing the Opsive folder, and reimporting to ensure you are getting the latest.