Lag when typing in comment in tasks

bbjones

I seem to only notice this in larger projects, but when I type in the comment field in tasks the lag is brutal. Usually it's one character every few seconds, and bad enough that there are sometimes "wait" popups from the editor.

Is there some way to turn off whatever update is happening on every text change or some other alternative? The only real workaround I have is to type the comment in some other editor like notepad, then paste it into the task.

The few times I have heard of this it is because of saving the undo/redo state. Within the Behavior Designer preferences you can disable this and it should help.

The few times I have heard of this it is because of saving the undo/redo state. Within the Behavior Designer preferences you can disable this and it should help.
That does seem to fix the performance problem, but then I lose the ability to undo changes which sucks, especially on large complex trees. Any other way to fix this for the comments field? It also does some sort of lookup, sometimes I get a popup list of tasks or something interrupting what I'm typing, is it trying to give me task references? I just want to type in a text description so I know what my tasks are for, or is there some other way to add notes to BTs?

Since this is within the undo system itself unfortunately I don't know of another workaround. Maybe you could try switching serialization types to binary if you are using JSON since it's easier for the system to do a delta on bytes rather than strings.