Jitter on Assist Aim target

Cheo

Hello, when holding right click to activate Assist Aim on a target and rotating around it some jitter can be seen on the target. This jitter is especially noticeable at 60fps and less at 300fps. This issue can be seen in the demo scene, here is a quick video about it :

I haven't toyed much with the Assist Aim and camera parameters, but the facts that this happens in a demo scene and is aggravated by a 60fps lock really tell that something is wrong. I hope this can be taken a look at. Thanks in advance.

Are you running the latest version in a fresh project? I am not able to reproduce it when the gameplay is running at 60fps.

Well that's weird, I just made two fresh projects in 2022.3.11 and 2021.3.25 using UCC 3.0.15, and I am positive that this issue exists ! I have to ask you the same question : did you try in a fresh project, and did you actually set the target frame rate to 60 ? If the answer is yes, then that's quite puzzling, we can still send one another a project to see if you get the issue and I don't. I'm going to upload mine and send it to you privately.

Ah wait, it seems to be caused by root motion ! When jumping around the target with the demo Atlas character, I realized that the jitter wasn't there, just like for the AC camera issue, and when setting Use Root Motion Position to false then the rotation around the target becomes constantly smooth. Can you please confirm that ?

I tried with version 3.0.16 and didn't see the jitter. I just tried with a version 3.0.15 and saw the jitter. I'm not sure what changed but I guess this is already fixed :D

Sorry, but I checked in 3.0.16 and I'm positive this issue still occurs. Can you please test in a fresh project with root motion enabled ? Here is a video showing the issue in 3.0.16 on my side at 7:45 :

Just checked in 3.0.18 which was supposed to fix the issue, while there is no jitter on the red dummy when aiming at it and turning around it, some jitter can be seen on Atlas when root motion is used, especially at 60fps. Sorry but you need to go back to work on this.