issues with attaching and moving melee weapon

knobby67

hi,
I've just downloaded and started to learn the third person controller. I'm unity 2019.4.1 f1. I've followed the set up, add character, item and add item videos. I'll seemed great. However when I reach the step in the melee item video to re position the sword, it's shown as attached to his wrist I cannot move or rotate the sword. I can see the inspector values changing for position and rotation but the sword does not physically change position. I've also noticed if I hold down the mouse 1 button that makes the players right swing the sword it starts to move his left arm with the mouse movements while the button is held down. Has anyone experienced this before? Cannot reposition item, other arm moves if button 1 is held down. Thanks for the advise. I'm using a sword off the net and a mixamo downloaded tpose character.

Could be a discrepancy between your character's rig and Nolan's (the demo character) rig. Are you adjusting the sword position whilst in play mode? If so and the sword isn't moving at all, I'd take a look at how your character's rig is set up compared to Nolan's, as well as the sword itself (e.g. anchor points, the anchors of its parent/s, etc).

Thanks I sorted it. My own fault I was following the video on melee did the sword swing step, and tried to fix my issues. If I hasn't stopped the video I would have seen 1 second later the presenter says "you'll notice some problems..." Anyway it gave me a change to start to read in depth in documentation