Issue adding custom weapons

I am having an issue with adding my own Assault Rifle. When i start the scene it aims correctly and lowers when i release the aim button, but as soon as I click fire, it does not play the fire animation and it is stuck in the aim idle state. The Additive-Assault Rifle state is stuck in Attack Idle and prevents the weapon from being lowered/not aiming
I went through the same steps with the included assault rifle and controller and seems to be fine, so it is when I add my own assault rifle model.

In the Base Layer- Aim Idle-- The Slot0ItemStateIndex gets set to 2 when i click fire, but never changes after that so it never exits aim idle animation. What should be changing that value back to 0?

Any ideas?

Try adjusting the look sensitivity. My guess is that the weapon isn't actually fired because it's not pointing in the exact look direction with the new model.

When you import the model into Unity, make sure that the barrel is pointing 'forward', which is the positive Z-axis direction.

It does work when i put the look sensitivity down below 0, but what determines the look source direction? I don't see a debug line in the direction of the shot, is it possible to enable like in V1?
Thanks,

In version 1 the controller decided that it could fire based off of an animation event. In version 2 it now uses the models transform direction - so as @MallNinjaMax mentioned you'll want to ensure the barrel is pointing forward. Maybe I can create an editor script that will give you a warning if this isn't the case so you'll instantly know that this is going to be an issue.

Yeah, that is the issue here, the imported model isn't facing z+. I placed it in an empty object and set the orientation to face z+ and works now, thanks guys.