Inventory Saver

Hi.

There is an object with an Inventory component on the stage. Added Inventory Saver, but for some reason some items are saved and some are not. I'm trying to understand what is the reason.

Message: Saved Item ID 2279363675 could not be retrieved from the Inventory System Manager.

1649248895970.png

What kind of item is "Regular Balaclava"?
Is it a Mutable or Immutable item? Is it Common or Unique?
Can you check its ID in the inspector under Details and compare it to the ID in the Manager Editor.

If nothing seems out of place I would recommend saving to a Json file using the Debug option on the SaveSystemManager. Then ctrl+F to find that problematic ID and see what it is linked to.

Nothing seems out of place.
I'm not sure why it wouldn't save the item. There is no mention of the ID that was logged in the warning either.

Are you sure your item is in the collection when you saved the game?
Remember that a Unique/Mutable item cannot be in two item collection at the same time. Is it possible you are trying to load the item in this inventory when it is already loaded somewhere else?

I'm afraid I cannot help you more than that without having a look at your project directly.

Yes,
Does the ID appear anywhere else in the save file? from your screenshot it doesn't look like that's the case... but usually the ID normally shows up twice. Once because the InventorySystemManagerItemSaver and another because of the InventorySaver.

So that probably means the bug ins't a load time but rather at save time. Try deleting the save file and try again.

Do you have any errors or warnings before this one?
Just to confirm you do have single InventorySystemManagerItemSaver and SaveSystemManager in your scene right?
They should look somehing similar to how they are setup in the documentation page:

If you are able to replicate the issue in a small scene, send us the package by email at support@opsive.com
Make sure to test that package first in a new project to make sure you can replicate it.

Then I can have a look at this in detail and let you know if it is a bug or if it is something specific to how you've set things up.

In the test scene it works without warnings, it works with 1 inventory container.

"Remember that a Unique/Mutable item cannot be in two item collection at the same time. " I have the same object on the floor on the stage, and because of this, warning is supposed to be.

I don't think so, but it is possible. It is hard to say without being able to check the project myself.
If you cannot reproduce the issue in a small scene, the only thing I can recommend is that you send us your entire project by email.

The only thing I understood for sure is that if I remove Mutable, then this item is saved in the inventory.
Thank you, I'll figure it out, mb something is not set up correctly