Identifiers

MikeW

I'm new to Ultimate Character Controller via the UFPS asset, and I'm happy with its flexibility so far. However, I'd like to better understand how to use the various integer identifiers (e.g. the Object ID for ability object detection, or the Ability Index Parameter for linking abilities with their animations). I expect this will quickly get hard to manage, and I'll essentially need a look-up document to remember that 101 == Tunnel Crawling Trigger, for example.

What is the best practice here? And are there any plans to add a more intuitive solution, such as object references or hashed strings?

There's no plans for any changes to this within the asset itself, since IDs like AbilityIndex, Object ID, etc. are technically all just arbitrary values used by the demo and can be changed/removed by the user. However since a few people have asked a similar question, we're going to put together a new page in the docs that will list all of the values used by the demo. That should hopefully show up within the next week or two!