How to upgrade from tpc 1.3.11??

JadeEmpire

Hi,

I've used tpc for quite a long time. We built several abilities, and have been using the eventhandler, and sharedmanager(to reduce coupling) for other game scripts. I have some heavy upgrading issues:

1.As I can tell so far, the shared manager is completely gone. So how should we go ahead and make what was shared being a direct call?

2.Also, i implemented photon within compiler symbols just following the if enable_multiplayer, like how unet was done. How should I go ahead about putting that part of the codes in???

Maybe please tell me some basic directions so my work won't be conflicting with future network patch etc.

Before, every upgrade I had to be cautious because those compiler symbol scripts need to be copy pasted and examined thoroughly.

My best guess is inheriting the single player manager scripts?

3.are the abilities still compatible? So far I can see I can no longer call sharedmanager at start anymore. Other than that are there any changes?

4.when will the networking patch be released?

Are there other things we need to do to upgrade, such as event system changes etc??

Thanks!

Last edited:
Version 2 contains a completely new set of code so the two assets aren't compatible. The overall structure is similar but things like the SharedManager are gone (and interfaces are used instead).

1. There is not a concept of a shared manager anymore.

2 & 4. I haven't gotten far enough along with the networking addon to be able to say. There currently is no ETA for when the networking addon will arrive.

3. No, the API is different so it'll require you to go through an update each ability.

Hi,

I've used tpc for quite a long time. We built several abilities, and have been using the eventhandler, and sharedmanager(to reduce coupling) for other game scripts. I have some heavy upgrading issues:

1.As I can tell so far, the shared manager is completely gone. So how should we go ahead and make what was shared being a direct call?

2.Also, i implemented photon within compiler symbols just following the if enable_multiplayer, like how unet was done. How should I go ahead about putting that part of the codes in???

Maybe please tell me some basic directions so my work won't be conflicting with future network patch etc.

Before, every upgrade I had to be cautious because those compiler symbol scripts need to be copy pasted and examined thoroughly.

My best guess is inheriting the single player manager scripts?

3.when will the networking patch be released?

Are there other things we need to do to upgrade, such as event system changes etc??

Thanks!
Version 2 contains a completely new set of code so the two assets aren't compatible. The overall structure is similar but things like the SharedManager are gone (and interfaces are used instead).

1. There is not a concept of a shared manager anymore.

2 & 4. I haven't gotten far enough along with the networking addon to be able to say. There currently is no ETA for when the networking addon will arrive.

3. No, the API is different so it'll require you to go through an update each ability.

Any general guidelines on how to upgrade each ability?

I'm taking a look but all virtual methods still work the same and haven't found a new virtual method?

Thanks!