How to properly set up Collision/Trigger detection

Pawleyboboli

Hi Justin,

I am having trouble understanding how to properly set up a collision or trigger detection. I understand that it's probably due to my branch not re-evaluating, but I'm confused on how to make that work.

Background: I have set up a collider as a trigger in one room (a hallway). When the user makes a selection from a menu button, a behavior plays where I want the tree to determine if the FPSController is within this hallway trigger, and if so, play a specific timeline. If the FPSController is NOT within the hallway trigger, then play a different timeline. Note that the FPSController probably won't be moving when the user makes a menu selection, so I need to determine if the FPSController is within the trigger from the start of the behavior.

I have tested the trigger volume separately with a script to make sure the collision works with the FPSController, and it does, but I cannot make it work using Behavior Designer.

I have also tried using "Has Collider Hit" "Has Entered Collision" and "Has Entered Trigger" (some turned off in my capture attached) but they all evaluate false and the branch goes right to the task for playing the not-in-hallway timeline.

Thanks for any explanation/help with this.
--Kevin

Collisionfailure.png

You're correct in that it's not detecting the collision because Has Entered Trigger isn't reevaluating.You'll want to change the Self abort to Lower Priority and then ensure there is lower priority task active so the task will reevaluate.