How to do a mini cut scene

schalky

How can i for example. while remaining in First Person view.
1. when player hits a trigger
2. remove control from the player.
3. move the character to a target marker
4. have the player look a target object
5. then have an animation or dialoug or whatever.

Hi, for generic cutscene and narration purposes I highly recommend using Adventure Creator, which can take care of everything you're asking for here thanks to its UCC integration package.

It's been years since I last tried making a cinematic game with UCC alone, but here's what I can advise so far :

-Triggers should be no problem, you have plenty examples of these in the demo scene.

-To remove control, you can use the OnEnableGameplayInput event. You may also consider disabling the Ultimate Character Locomotion Handler and Player Input components.

-Unity's Nav Mesh and Astar Pathfinding both have a UCC ability that will allow you to move a character to a point.

-The Local Look Source component and the Assist Aim ability should be of use to make the player look at a specific object. You might also consider creating a new custom View Type.

-The last point goes beyond UCC's role. Once again, Adventure Creator is excellent for that. And if it's just animations you need, you should be able to call them manually using Unity's Animator.

Hope all of this helps. I've recently started making tutorials for Opsive assets, if you'd like me to cover this kind of topic you can let me know on this page.

Hey, thanks for the info.

i was actually looking at adventure creator but couldnt find much info on the integration and how fleshed out it was. But yeah for simple type cutscenes you reckon adventure creator can do that pretty easily with UCC?

im not a fan of timeline and animation in general so anything to make the process easier.

It's true that the AC-UCC integration lacks some advertisement ! You can nonetheless download it from AC's Downloads page and take a look at the PDF in it.

It's perhaps a bit of a weird example, but I've been using AC and UCC together for several years now and this combination really allows for many possibilities ! Allow me to share my own work to give you and idea : (you'll need to log in to watch the first one because of nudity sorry !)

These levels contain everything you must be looking for, from triggers to camera placement and transition between gameplay and cutscene.

cheers

i may as well get it. what's another 50 bucks.

seems like i should be able to get some decent results.

the first video had me laughing good. just so unexpected.

While you may need to make at least a few custom action nodes for AC, I guarantee these 50 bucks will save you a lot of time and work !

Glad to hear you liked this :) Feel free to take a look at my links below if you want to see more of this. Have a good day !