How do you get the opsive first person controller to interact with triggers?

AndrzejGieralt

Hi! As the title reads, I'm having trouble getting the character controller to interact with triggers because the rigid body is on the main object, but the capsule collider is generated on a child object. I tried various configurations of adding a rigidbody to the capsule collider, disabling various settings on it, matching its settings to the other rigidbody, etc. to no avail - I'm guessing this is not at all the way to go about this, so what would be the recommended approach?

Thanks!

Triggers will fire like usual, it's just that the capsule collider is on a child GameObject from the Rigidbody. Take a look at the State Trigger component for an example.

Triggers will fire like usual, it's just that the capsule collider is on a child GameObject from the Rigidbody. Take a look at the State Trigger component for an example.
Hmm, I was unable to get triggers to fire because the rigid body is not on the same game object as the collider though. I suppose I must be missing something or doing something wrong.