Help with Rotate, Move and Formation

ag82lus

I am new to behavior trees and need a little help to wrap my head around a task i am trying to achieve
i have a 4 legged robot that i want to rotate, move and do formation
the area i am stuck is that as soon as the robot is spawned i want to sync animations to the following actions
- make the leader point towards the path even before walking
- rotate the robot to point to the wedge formation points
- then move the robots to the wedge formations points
- after reaching formation points i want to rotate it to point the path direction same as the leader
- then together all walk on the path to the target point
i was able to achieve the above actions without animations and using the wedge formation and setting it up, but sync animations is where i am stuck at and i think i would need to break down the wedge formation into smaller actions to sync the animations, please guide.

This page has a good description on how to sync your animations with the behavior tree:

hi i did get to see the above page and got a fair idea around the animations.
i would want to ask
- is it possible to get the points of the formation
- is it possible to know that the formation is done and objects are ready to move so i can change animation
- how do i separate move and rotation, because i have two different animations for each.

Last edited:
For both of those situations I recommend subclassing the formations task. This will give you complete control over what is available for your animation sync script.