height change not working

Al.Sho

In third-person controller when using "height change" ability mc would crouch, but would not stand up (when pressing "C").
This occurs in the demo scene too. If I keep spamming "C" key when mc is crouching, he sometimes would stand up.

I am not able to reproduce this in the demo scene. If I keep spamming 'c' the character toggles between crouching and standing.

Hello, Justin.
I've just created a fresh project on v2019.4.14f1.
Imported third person controller, updated project settings, and launched a demo scene.
And this is still the same.

Mabe this can give any clue:
When Nolan is crouching if I press the "spacebar" key (jump) and while Nolan is in the air I press the "C" key then Nolan stops height changes ability at once.

I have not been able to reproduce it. Can you list the exact steps to reproduce? I have been hitting both the crouch and jump buttons.

there aren't any additional steps to speak of, the error occurred on a fresh install of opsive on a new project with no other asset additives. The error occurs when the crouch end is set to button toggle aka the default. I have to have my crouch on hold button down while I prototype as to not get stuck crouching. I have tried multiple projects and still get the same results.

Very strange, I also can't reproduce this in a fresh demo scene.

What version of Unity and UCC are you using? If you create a build of the game does the issue also exist in the build?

I've been trying with both the latest unity LTS and third person controller (I tried first person shooter. The same problem there.).
I've had this issue in build.
I also tried your build, Justin. And the same.

Then I plugged in my old keyboard (have done some messing with cables), reloaded the PC, and unloaded all background software.
And it was all OK.

After some restarts and playing with software and cables I've found out that the issue is in my old wireless gamepad (Logitech RumblePad 2). If I plug the receiver, then this issue appears.
I'm not sure if this happened on previous versions of UCC. I connected it just a few days ago.

Oh, and I didn't see any problems with games. Didn't play many though.

Hello, I'm on unity version 2019.4.15f1 with FPC version 2.27. this only showed up upon updating from a previous version of FPC to the newest version. I tried what AL.Sho tried above and tried a new keyboard and a controller only for the same thing to happen multiple times. This is a new project, with no external assets besides the FPS mesh tool, and probuilder. And unfortunately the problem persists upon building and running the game, I will try reverting to a previous version of the controller to see if that helps but as for now I'm stuck.

The explanation by @Al.Sho makes sense - I am betting that because the by default Unity's input manager won't be configured for the gamepad that is plugged in and that gamepad is triggering the input multiple times.

@Hezo - I recommend trying it on a different PC to see if it works there. You can also use something like Unity's input system which is better setup to work with different input types. I can definitely take a closer look at it if I can reproduce it but so far this does look like it is input related.

Hi,

I met the same issue here when I plug my wireless Gamepad that is Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710!

The crouch key becomes stucked!

If I unplug my gamepad and restart, the problem is still there. But if I quit Unity and I start again the issue is over.

The problem arises from the gamepad but I think that the issue is wider then just the gamepad. I had created a post that explains this strange behavior with rotation of my player that often lags or don't rotate smoothly in demo scene and in my game. It seems coming from Logitech Wireless devices like mouse, keyboard and then also gamepad that I didn't use from a long time. I never met the issue with games in general, softwares (like blender) or others Unity controllers that I have used in the past. It seems comes only with UCC but can not be certain at 100%.

I am working with Unity 2019.4.15f1 and UCC2.2.7

the trick above worked for me, I unplugged my controller and restarted and now height change is working as intended, this wasn't a issue in the earlier releases though and I hope that a fix may be released in the near future.

I have tested with a wire gamepad F310 by Logitech and I get the same issue then it seems not arise from wireless then it is likely as Justin said: "I am betting that because the by default Unity's input manager won't be configured for the gamepad that is plugged in and that gamepad is triggering the input multiple times" ... But I am not sure to understand what we should do to have the gamepad configured!

@Hezo I have fixed my issue with my gamepad. The crouch works well now. I had purchased the asset InControl that is integrated with UCC and using it fixed the issue. You should get the same fix with the new Unity input and Rewired but I don't test them.

Yeah, I'm getting this as well as soon as I started testing an XBox controller. Has anyone found a way to make the controller work with the scouch ability?

If, while crouching, i start to walk I can uncrouch by pressing the appropriately and get back to normal.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm getting this as well as soon as I started testing an XBox controller. Has anyone found a way to make the controller work with the scouch ability?
For some reason the newest update doesn't work well with controllers, you could always try to start the game and unplug your keyboard although this isn't a permanent fix.