Gun pickup runtime error

Hrohibil

Following the runtime pickup tutorial for the third time. When i get to the part "OBJECT" where i press build object, when i drag my gun model up to the GAMEOBJECT slot i get this error shown in the image below

"The item pickup should not reference an already created item ........"

I followed the tutorial..
Dont understand

Attachments

• gun3.png
    gun3.png
    244.3 KB · Views: 5
Looks like the prefab you're using there is already an item (it has the Item component). The prefab you use for that field should just be the model of the gun, without Item or any other components setup.

Looks like the prefab you're using there is already an item (it has the Item component). The prefab you use for that field should just be the model of the gun, without Item or any other components setup.
Aha... So if my gun originally was a prefab since it’s part of a model from a sci fi pack, should then unpack it and start from the beginning or just unpack it save another version of the model only and then prefab it again??

Aha... So if my gun originally was a prefab since it’s part of a model from a sci fi pack, should then unpack it and start from the beginning or just unpack it save another version of the model only and then prefab it again??
It should be fine to just use the model prefab you got from the pack, if it's set up with just the model, rig and nothing else.