Gun doesn't shoot when clicking the mouse.

I am using Synty's low Polygon Humanoid characters for my (first perspective, full body) game. I'm using FPSMesh to create a duplicate character for just the arms (and making the rest of the duplicate character invisible but still there)

Configuring the character with FirstPersonArmsDemo.controller doesn't work. I think the animations are set to a Generic rig because the arms/character just sits there in the riding a bike posture.

Configuring it with the Demo.controller does work partially. It holds a rifle with both hands, but the shooting animation (finger pulling the trigger, reloading, etc) and the gun looking like it's actually shooting something doesn't work when I click the mouse button.

Please tell me this is an easy fix. I'm new to Unity and don't know anything about layers in animators.

Since you are using FPSMeshTool you'll want to use the humanoid animator controller rather than the first person arms animator controller.

It sounds like you could be missing an event. Take a look at this page for troubleshooting steps:

Since you are using FPSMeshTool you'll want to use the humanoid animator controller rather than the first person arms animator controller.

It sounds like you could be missing an event. Take a look at this page for troubleshooting steps:

Actually after I posted this, I tweaked the spring position and rotation and it now works(?) Except, pressing R makes it stop working until I restart. So it doesn't do the reload animation.