[Feature Request] Swapping item places in the ItemShapeGrid

Nils

After inquiring about this feature on the discord server I come to make an official request on the forums themselves.
I was curious to know if anyone else using item shape key would be interested into a "swap" feature when you drag and drop an item. Much like in Diablo 2, when you hold an item, your cursor becomes that item sprite (which UIS already handles) but, opposite to what UIS currently does, you can hover that item above another and swap the item you currently hold with the item in the inventory (if the space allows it).

Currently, your cursor would become red, signaling that you cannot drop the item in an occupied grid, so you would have to drop that item on an empty grid or on the floor.
This would allow for sorting the inventory inside the inventory for those games that have a limited space design: survival games, horror games, etc.

Thank you for your time!

Last edited:
Thank you for the request.

After looking into it in more detail I found that this feature is already (partially) implemented.
You just need to click this option here:
1682698107790.png

After some testing I found some edge cases that do not work. So I will add to the list of task to review the code for it.

You can easily test it in the ItemShape Grid feature scene

I missed it, thanks!

I go testing it right away, eager to see what I can come up with.
I imagine this thread could serve as a bug report post for this feature then, sorry I didn't check harder before posting.