Extremely long delay after adding/removing task, terrible performace in general

rsklnkv

Hi,

I'm using Behavior Designer for quite a while and it's been working fine (at some point I've asked to add pooling mechanism to it, appreciate, it was added in a very short time).
Recently, I've decided to change a couple of things and noticed that if I switch out from tree editor and switch back to it, I have ~5s delay. If I add a new node to a tree, I'm getting ~30-60s delay. Also navigation in tree kinda slow, but I can live with this.
I've tried to update to the latest version (the most recent one) hoping that this will fix the issue. It didn't.

To summarize - on a main NPC tree I'm not able to work due to the inability to add/remove nodes, on a small tree (~200 nodes) everything works fine.

I've tried to deep profile behavior editor, but Unity crashes each time I do this with main tree open. Regular profiler shows that 30-60s are spent in Undo/Redo registration.

Is there a way to get behavior designer editor source code or make a quick fix that will disable undo/redo?

Thanks in advance!

Hmm.. how many tasks do you have on your large tree? What version of Unity are you using? I know that you said that navigation was slow but was a bug in Unity which caused long draw times:

So you've narrowed it down to the Undo/Redo registration? I can send you a build which has this disabled.

I have something in between 1000 and 2000 tasks, maybe a bit more.
Issue begins to happen when I was on Unity 5.6, but persists on 2018.2.2 (the latest version which we were able to upgrade to)
I’m OK with slow dragging and low performance, I understand that the system wasn’t designed to handle thousands of nodes.

It might be that undo/redo hides real problem, but let’s try, it might be the real issue, thanks.

Also, I’ve switched back from 1.6.4 to the custom version you’ve sent me in August 2017 because I’ve had issues with GlobalVariables script not being found.

How to solve this problem with a custom .dll, can you give more details? I also met this problem and have been confused for a long Time.
Thanks!!!
Justin made a special version for us, you can get in touch with him directly or wait for a reply here

I will add a preference which specifies if you want to record undo/redo operations. I plan on releasing version 1.6.5 within the next week or two and will have it included in that.