ECS, Unity Physics compatibility

Kiu

Hi Justin,

I was wondering wether you are planning on making the UCC compatible to ECS.

UCC is already fine for gameplay and I don't plan to have hundreds of characters running around. But I really would like to benefit from the vastly increased loadtimes and efficiency benefits when using ECS hybrid structure on the LEVELS. However If I try, the character will fall right through the ground...

First of all, one would have to rewrite/extend the Locomotion controller to unity physics, right?
Which other components depend on physics? How big would this project be? Could it be just extended or would this mean a complete rewrite of the core code?

This would also be the first step to make UCC compatible to the new network layer in the long run...

This is a large project. I have been working on ECS support for Behavior Designer 2 and the core system is working well with ECS, but it's more of a pain when you try to use something that isn't setup for ECS. Unity still has a long way to go with this, and the character controller touches a lot of Unity systems (animations, audio, particles, IK, etc).

I do have plans on jobifying the more intensive systems (such as the character locomotion), but I want to get BD2 out first.