Disable Camera Look Direction Animation Blend

epicever

How exactly do I disable the animation blend where the character's pose/look direction matches the camera's direction? If so, can this change depending on the item equipped?

Sorry I don't fully understand what you mean - you're using a third person view type, right? And you want to prevent certain animations, e.g. the use animations, from causing the character to turn to face the same direction as the camera?

Yes, right now the character's arms and head move depending on where that character is facing in relation to the camera and it interferes with the use animations of my melee weapon.

Yeah I understand - you should use the Third Person Adventure movement and view types, that's pretty much exactly what they were made for!

Yeah I understand - you should use the Third Person Adventure movement and view types, that's pretty much exactly what they were made for!
I was using the adventure movement and camera mode to begin with.

Edit: I Just checked the animator and it says that it is using the Combat Movement on the Base Layer. The view type on the camera controller component to Third Person Adventure and Ultimate Character Locomotion component Movement type to Third Person Adventure. Was there anything else I needed to needed to check? The character was created with Adventure movement only to begin with.

Last edited:
The relevant movement substate is chosen based on the AbilityIntData parameter. In the demo animator, 0 is used for Combat and 1 for Adventure. So you may want to check what value your AbilityIntData is whilst your character is moving, and make sure that the transition to Adventure movement type matches that. I'm not 100% sure but the number/order of movement types in your character's movement types list might affect this.

So I just created a brand new project with just opsive third person controller and AbilityIntData is still 0. The character only has adventure movement and camera mode. There is no other movement added to the character like I said earlier.

The AbilityIntData will always be zero with a default setup. It gets set by the IntDataSetter ability in the demo scene. I would not use this ability in your own project since it's specific to the demo scene animator.