Die (Item Inventory)

plutonmania

I am sorry to come back to you with new post thread. I assure you that I would like not to have to disturb you and understand how your item/action/menu are done, thanks to your demo.

But.

For example, I try to test the death system.
I am confronting problems. For example, I would like the items to take away from my inventory, when I died. But that the system for combat with hands does not delete.

I did milers of testing via your demo, or my scene. Whether UCC or UIS Integration.
I confront so much problem or I cannot understand how it is done, if there is I have the impression already a problem.

When I die, my items are well dropped on the ground ok
But I have it is still in my inventory. But I lost the ability of the fists on the other hand.

When I die with a weapon in hand. . This one disappears well from my inventory, but I still have the animation of the weapon, and my other items have not disappeared from the inventory.
But if I equip, for example, a shield or the sword or others, while I died with a pistol in my hands, they will have the animation of the pistol.

All my settings are based on demo and even in the demo this occurs.
I test to put it in the DEFAULT loadout and to say to recharge the Default Loadout after my death, but that is not good

i.PNG

Else my reglage is the demo reglage.

h.PNG k.PNG

On play mode, I dead :
l.PNG

m.PNG

= > On your version in the demo integration, the Pickup animation does not work.

Last edited:
That's definetly a bug. I'm very sorry about it.
I looked into it but haven't found a quick fix. I'll need more time to figure out why it isn't working as expected.

In the next version I'll add a turret that can easily kill the player to easily test out those edge cases.

Just to clarify could you explain what behaviour you would like exactly. I'll make sure to test out your specific use case before the next update.

1) Have Sword + Shield Equipped
2) Die
3) Drop Sword + Shield? Drop all items? Don't drop? Remove only equipped items? Remove all items in the Inventory? Define what items are removed in death using an attribute or a list of ItemDefinition?
4) Respawn
5) Reload loadout
6) Make sure Body is equipped

Does that soud right? which one in step 3 are you trying to do?

1: Having a weapon equipped in hand
2: die by pulling on an enemy or just a weapon in your hands

A: Do not have a weapon equipped in your hands, but have items in the inventory.
B: die without anything in the hands Die

=> Result :
1: drop the or the weapons in the hands on the ground. Not lose the ability of the fists
2: Delete everything in the inventory and place it on the ground as a droppable object.
3: (Possibility to take them back if you come back on it) After Respawn.
Do not equip the weapons when you pick them up on the ground, it will be up to the player to equip them.

Summary what I would like:
Losing weapon in hand equipped and losing all your inventory and that it is thrown on the ground.
After respawn ,i can return on point of my death and them regain them on the ground. Never lose the ability of the fists
(even after the respawn, the player can fight with his hands and feet. I hope this is the answer you want.

I just want to notify you that in the next update I will be adding the following options to the Character Inventory Bridge.
You will have complete control over what Items get removed/dropped when you die, as well as an option to prevent certain items to be removed at all.
This will be available in the next update coming later this week, with a working example in the integration demo scene:
1682961454939.png