Crawl state fix for Capsule Collider Positioner

Cheo

Hello, I can't manage to keep the capsule collider correctly positioned when crawling, and the demo example is simply not examplary :

Capture d’écran (594).png

A crawling collider should be rotated around 90 degrees and cover the whole body from head to feet. One addition I'd like to suggest would be to have the option to replace the First End Cap Target with the left or right foot, but I've obtained mixed results with this method, it sometimes required a manual replacement inside of the editor to get correct results. The bad results I've seen during my tests include the character jittering up and down and the capsule collider starting from the hips even though a toe had just been assigned. I'd really need a good example, and in any case you can't keep the crawling collider like that in the demo, it doesn't look serious.

For this if you replace the animations so the feet are at the pivot position then the capsule collider positioner will cover the entire body. With this setup you won't need to make any code changes.

Hello, is this little gizmo the pivot position ?

Capture d’écran (598).png

I'm assuming this needs to be near the big red arrow ?

I'd like to first be able to at least give a generic length and a flat angle to the capsule collider instead of modifying each animation with Blender or something, but I haven't been able to get satisfying results.
I managed to give the collider a 90 degrees angle by creating an empty child under the root transform, rotating it around 180 degrees so that the green arrow points forward, ticking Rotate Collider on and End Cap Rotation off to make the Rotation Bone appear and fill it with this new transform before ticking Rotate Collider off.
However the main issue is the transition from crawling to standing which results in a small fall for the character - I give him a Height Override value of about 1.25-1.5 which is ok when crawling, but once the transition is done his collider is slightly above the ground, while when using the Atlas example his collider based on the hips constantly touches the floor.

I'll try again tomorrow, and will try modifying with Blender if I really can't manage it this way, but I think it would be great avoiding anyone having to modifying several animations.

I'm not actually sure, I don't know why there would be multiple gizmos shown. Maybe one is the pivot and the other is the center position?

However the main issue is the transition from crawling to standing which results in a small fall for the character - I give him a Height Override value of about 1.25-1.5 which is ok when crawling, but once the transition is done his collider is slightly above the ground, while when using the Atlas example his collider based on the hips constantly touches the floor.
Maybe another option would be to add a second collider that is only enabled when the crawl ability is active? I think that this solution could work out really well.

Hello, is this little gizmo the pivot position ?

View attachment 10518

I'd like to first be able to at least give a generic length and a flat angle to the capsule collider instead of modifying each animation with Blender or something, but I haven't been able to get satisfying results.
I managed to give the collider a 90 degrees angle by creating an empty child under the root transform, rotating it around 180 degrees so that the green arrow points forward, ticking Rotate Collider on and End Cap Rotation off to make the Rotation Bone appear and fill it with this new transform before ticking Rotate Collider off.

I'll try again tomorrow, and will try modifying with Blender if I really can't manage it this way, but I think it would be great avoiding anyone having to modifying several animations.
Did you solve this? Currently trying to myself.

@KAMAK I did find some sort of solution ! I use a custom version of the Crawl ability that registers animation events which call voids in which the capsule collider rotation is tweened for a specified duration and along 90 degrees on the x axis. I'm a bit busy at the moment but intend to make a whole video about the current Agility issues with 3.0.19 tonight, and will show what I did for the crawl collider.

@KAMAK I did find some sort of solution ! I use a custom version of the Crawl ability that registers animation events which call voids in which the capsule collider rotation is tweened for a specified duration and along 90 degrees on the x axis. I'm a bit busy at the moment but intend to make a whole video about the current Agility issues with 3.0.19 tonight, and will show what I did for the crawl collider.
got this reply hope it helps 1709229118473.png

Hey @KAMAK , I confirm that 0.01 works as shown in this video. If you or anyone else is interested in seeing my approach to fixing the collider position and rotation issue, jump to 4:08 on this video :

@Justin I gotta ask again - this is is ridiculous, we can't have this weird tiny ridicule collider on the demo character ! Even if it is through animation fixes, it would be nice to have a long flat collider, and having a proper example of how to handle the rotation and positioning without relying on the animation pivot would help a lot of people.