Controller + mouse with the new input system?

Nightkin

Hello!

Just a quick question: Is UCC able to handle both the controller and the mouse at the same time with the new input system without one interrupting the other? I know it works fine with the old input system but with the new one it seems that whenever I move Nolan with the left stick of my Xbox controller and look around with the mouse, one of them is ignored so it's unplayable.

Just to clarify, I was trying to do this with the demo and I know Justin pointed out that the demo does not support the new input system, but I had to try anyway.

It works just fine with the new input system but without UCC (I'm trying to migrate my game to UCC now and hitting this roadblock).

And to give a little background for this question, I always try to use the controller and the mouse at the same time in every game that permits it (there are a surprisingly low number of them: Conan Exiles, Borderlands 3, some Ubi games for example), because it is so much better. You can walk or run with the controller while the keyboard only allows running and does not provide a way to walk, while aiming precisely with the mouse. My mouse can be programmed so I can assign most of the actions there.

Thanks!

There isn't anything within the integration that prevents both from being used, though I am not able to try it right now. I am hoping somebody else replies to this thread who has more experience with the input system.

After testing in another level than the demo, and a brand new character with the minimal amount of UCC scripts, apparently I can use the controller and mouse at the same time with the new input system active. Please note that I'm using both the old and new input systems (because some of my components still need the old one for now) so I'm not sure whether this confirms that it works with the new input system or UCC simply uses the old inputs because it can and therefore acts as if the new input system was not active. But at least with the "both" option set in the player settings, it works.