Constant move/sprint input issue with certain mice

Daecher

Hi,

I've got a really bizarre issue that I'm not entirely sure how to address. I have a few friends that test my game on occasion, and for two of them, there are certain mice they use (typically higher-end, fancy ones) use that cause a constant input of moving forward/sprinting. To be more precise, anytime they're using these mice and enter a scene where they're in control of the FirstPersonController, they keep moving forward at a sprint without pressing any keys/mouse buttons whatsoever and cannot stop outside of actions that set OnEnableGameplayInput to false, like pausing (after which setting it back to true resumes the movement). Changing/reloading the scene doesn't fix the problem, but if they use a different mouse, the problem isn't present.

I've not really messed with default input for the UFPS package aside from unbinding a few controls (quick weapon swap, for example), but I would really appreciate any pointers (pun slightly intended) on how to pin down and deal with this problem. If you need any more information about the situation, let me know.

This sounds like the Unity Input Manager doesn't work well with those mice. In general I don't recommend using Unity's Input Manager for this reason and instead use something like Rewired.

I recently started working with the 2019.3 Input System- do you think it's viable to update the project to 2019.3 and still use the UFPS with that?