Collision detection for melee weapons

esperando

I want to know how to adjust the collision detection time of melee weapons, I found that in my project, the collision detection time of melee weapons is too short to hit the target correctly.

On the Melee Action the start of the collision is determined by the Use Event. The collision detection is active between the Use Event and the Use Complete Event. You can either use an animation event or a timer for controlling this.

I just tested it and the timer is working as expected. See the callstack below to see that the scheduler fired the event rather than an animation event. I didn't get any bug reports for version 2 on the timer but am not able to test that anymore.

Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.UsableAction:HandleItemUseAnimationSlotEvent () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/UsableAction.cs:504)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Utility.AnimationEventTrigger:NotifyEventListeners () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Utility/AnimationEventTrigger.cs:169)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Utility.AnimationSlotEventTrigger:NotifyEventListeners () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Utility/AnimationEventTrigger.cs:355)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Utility.AnimationEventTrigger:InvokeScheduledEvent () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Utility/AnimationEventTrigger.cs:156)
Opsive.Shared.Game.ScheduledEvent:Invoke () (at Assets/Opsive/Shared/Game/SchedulerBase.cs:83)
Opsive.Shared.Game.SchedulerBase:Invoke (Opsive.Shared.Game.ScheduledEventBase,int) (at Assets/Opsive/Shared/Game/SchedulerBase.cs:744)
Opsive.Shared.Game.SchedulerBase:FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Opsive/Shared/Game/SchedulerBase.cs:361)