Character skins

Velcer

Hey so,

Say I purchased an asset from the unity store containing multiple humanoid prefabs, and each one of these humanoids should be a selectable skin in my game. Is there any straight forward way to setup Opsive to create a character controller for any one of these skins with specific settings?

If not, then perhaps add a way to modify multiple characters at the same time, so that I do not have to manually change each specific thing with each new skin I want in the game? If I have hundreds of skins, updating them would be near impossible.

If your skin is only a material swap or mounted object then you can use the same character. However if it is a different avatar then you'll need a unique character setup. Depending on your situation it may be easiest to generate the character at runtime - take a look at the UMA integration for this even if you aren't using UMA as it provides a good overview of the API.

It doesn't look like you have UMA imported, only the integration. You'll want to import UMA even if you don't plan on using it so you can see the character builder API.

It doesn't look like you have UMA imported, only the integration. You'll want to import UMA even if you don't plan on using it so you can see the character builder API.

Where do I find UMA? I've looked all over the unity asset store and this site.