Character jittering everywhere

Robin

Hello. On change Position Smoothing in the Camera Controller component. The character begins to jittering. The demo scene is the same. I downloaded a ThirdPersonControllerWindowsDemo from the site and it turned out that the character is also a little jittering. No way to fix jitter?

I checked vsync, Update Location in Caharcter Locomotion component, did a build for Windows, launched the demo on 2 different devices and it's the same

Last edited:
If you are using fixed update there will be some jitter with the smoothing value. For now I recommend that you set it to a value of 0. This has been fixed in version 3 but required major structural changes.

Unfortunately it does not depend on the Update Location. That is, the solution to this problem is to wait for version 3? If use cinemachine?

Hello. I just found out on discord that version 3 of the controller will bypass 50% of the cost. I understand correctly, you offer me to buy a new version, set everything up again (inventory, weapons, climbing addon), just because the camera is jittering?

I don't mind buying version 3, I love your tools and I'm ready to support. But I just need to make smooth movement at the camera in current verison:)

The jitter is due to how the controller/camera is ticked in version 2. The correct solution for version 2 is to set the position smoothing value to 0, a low smoothing value, or you may be able to play with the physics tick rate.

It required significant restructuring to make this work correctly and that change will be in version 3. Version 3 does come with other new features though so it will require migration. Depending on your project it could be a really quick process or take some time. Before version 3 is released I'll record a migration video and you may find that it'll be easy to switch. Unfortunately this smoothing change required a lot of restructuring so it's not possible to backport to version 2.