Character floats in the air

Lavos

Hi,

I have changed the animations on my character and now she is floating in the air. I tried to move the capsule collider to fit the feet of the character but it does not work. I really have no idea why this is happening. Could you please help me?

1612539426738.png

Make sure the pivot position of your animations is at the root of your character. From the gizmo the collider is positioned at the correct location but your animations have some sort of a vertical offset.

I tried to add a Y offset to the animation but it did not change anything :

1612815900804.png

I am a little confused...

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer. Using "Based Upon - Feet" did not change anything. Actually, I think the issue comes from the UCC : in the animated gif below I have created 2 characters. The one on the left is controlled by the UCC, the one on the right is not. As you can see, the character on the right does not need any offset and changing the offset works, whereas the character controlled by the UCC floats at the same height no matter what. Could you please tell me how to fix this?

CharacterFloating3.gif

Are you sure you switched out the animations in the animator controller that you are using for your UCC character? If you disable CharacterIK does it change anything?

Ok it is fixed now! The IK Pass was actually disabled and enabling it fixed the issue. Thanks a lot for your help.