character creation for item pickup

eminkocak

I am stuck in the video Runtime item pickup. I watched previous videos already. And had succes so far. Now Im watching the Runtime pickup, and have alot of issues when trying figuring out to make it work. What I noticed was there is already a Character created in the video WITH the nolansarms and his ItemsSLOTS in lefthand righthand. How is that done? because the itemslots are automaticly created WHEN A WEAPON(item) IS ADDED TO THE CHARACTER, like in the previous videos. And there is no item in this video

in minute 1.35 NolanFirstPersonArms is already a child of First Person Objects. That only happens after you create a Item.

in minute 1.10 it had the slots. Thats also be created when creating a item, when filling visibleItem-Itemparent-CLICKAddItemSlot

in minute 0.17 " for this video make sure you seen the ItemType and the Items video" = I did !!

it is working in Thirdperson but in FPV its not animating and I get the error

Error: Unable to find the base object for item zwaard. Ensure the item specifies a base object under the First Person Perspective Item component.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.FirstPersonController.Character.FirstPersonObjects:CheckActiveBaseObjects() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/FirstPersonController/Character/FirstPersonObjects.cs:325)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.FirstPersonController.Character.FirstPersonObjects:StartEquip(Item, Int32) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/FirstPersonController/Character/FirstPersonObjects.cs:295)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.FirstPersonController.Items.FirstPersonPerspectiveItem:StartEquip(Boolean) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/FirstPersonController/Items/FirstPersonPerspectiveItem.cs:763)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Item:StartEquip(Boolean) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Item.cs:368)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Items.EquipUnequip:Update() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Items/EquipUnequip.cs:533)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion:UpdateAbilities(Ability[]) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:759)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion:UpdateUltimateLocomotion() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:687)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.CharacterLocomotion:Move(Single, Single, Single) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/CharacterLocomotion.cs:467)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.KinematicCharacter:FixedMove(Boolean) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/KinematicObjectManager.cs:186)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.KinematicObjectManager:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/KinematicObjectManager.cs:671)

So after watching the old videos again and searching in DOC for add itemslot add nolandsarms I just come again the same page ADDING ITEM. so when adding A ITEM not adding a slot or assigning the nolandarms to the character.

Thing I tried

after creating a character, drag NolanFirstPersonArms in the hierarchy, put it in First Person Objects (making child of it) normaly in the videos its automatic when adding item. so I did it with my own hands
and normaly when making a item it also asks ofcource for animator controller (FirstPersonDemo) so I add that my self WITH HAND in NolanFirstPersonArms-Controller slot

for adding slot.... hmm I create a empty gameobject child in right-Hand and the others. And add the ItemSlot-script in. give it the right ID 0 for right-hand 1 for left-hand.

A simple 6 minute video give is taking me 6 hours. making the item and itempickup was easy. I tried to make the question short as possible.

In the item pickup video the first person arms were already added so I didn't need to go through that step. To get started I would first follow this video to add the arms, and then you can remove the item created. This will keep the arms on the character while allowing you to pickup all items at runtime.

Ok so to create a character with the NolanFirstPersonArms with the itemslots = is by adding a item and then remove it from the EXISTING ITEM tab. I will try it. I can better make my own notebook, cause this kind of confusing steps are not really in the doc or video.

Thank you very much for the help.

sometimes FPV-arms are not working
sometimes TPV-arms are not working
sometimes pickingup equipping is not working
sometimes I get errors
sometimes .... I mean I deleted my project and create new one 6 times. In the first it was the FPV arm did not animate, the arms where just open frozenmodels flying above his head. the other time its some other problem.

and in the first 2 or 3rd Projects my ITEM(CLONE) get automaticly a name "first person MySword". The "first person" words got added, Like in in videoTutorials, but as you can see in my uploaded video... not this time. Its just called "MySword"

Why is it not working after iv done everything in Minute 7.00. And then MAGICALLY it works (sort of) at Minute 09.05. I did not touch anything, it was just looking checking around between 7.00 - 09.05. Does it compile or load things? do I need to wait?

It doesn't look like your video is public.

I would first go through and get the assault rifle working as shown in the first person items video. This video is accurate with the current version so you should be able to follow along with the current setup.

Once you get the assault rifle working I would then add the bow as I do in the runtime pickups video. This should show you the workflow for setting up the items and then you can continue to add new runtime pickup items.

do i need to make it public? it would be weird to make a silent public video. for me its no problem?

so you want me to make a working assault riflle again and the bow. a have that done already... I hope i have the backup.

so there is no fast pickupcharacter making possibility ?