Character "Bounces" Upon Landing

Tyler

Can anyone provide details as to why my character's jump setting may be producing a "bounce" when my character lands just after the fall ability starts while using the Third Person Pseudo 3D movement type? After running through the issue on the Discord, I think the issue may be related to the Force Hold or Force Damping Hold variables. I can provide more information on the settings if required, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced the issue or could provide advice and best practices for using the aforementioned settings.

I have made a video to serve as a visual aid:

Additionally, I tested similar settings in the demo scene and still produced a similar unwanted result:

Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from someone.

When jump adds force it adds it to the ExternalForce vector of the CharacterLocomotion. Upon landing this vector does not get cleared out so any remaining forces may have a slight impact. One way to solve this would be to increase the damping value of the external force on the Ultimate Character Locomotion component.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your quick response. I made some adjustments to the character's External Force Dampening value on the Ultimate Character Locomotion component and it worked! Specifically, I raised the value from 0.1 to 0.5; any lower and the unwanted functionality continued to persist. Now I am one step closer to buttery smooth controls.