Change Hotbar to ItemSlotCollectionView

Zaddo

I want to change the Hotbar in the RPG schema to be like the equipment slot collection. So I can move items onto the hotbar to free up space in the shape grid and make them equpable/useable with hotbar shortcuts.

Could you please give me the high level steps to achieve this.

eg: 1. Create new Item Collection in the inventory 2. Add ItemSlotCollectionView to Hotbar and link to new Item Collection

This was my best guess after reading the documentation. But when I add the ItemSlotCollectionView to the Hotbar, it breaks something and the compent is not visible. I am also not sure if the new item collection should be set to secondary or main?

In the release notes there is this:
  • Added an Item View Slot Container Index Actions Handler allowing the Item Slot Collection to be used as a Hotbar.

I could find the component, but no documentation on how to use it. I suspect I have to swap out the other hotbar components for this?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I actually do this in the Adventure Kit project I am working on. So I'll show you how I have set it up:

The Item Collection is an ItemSlotCollection and its itemSlotSet is simply a list of itemCategoires Inheritting the "Hotbar" Item Category which I use to define what items are allowed to be set in the "hotbar" (the item slot collection view ).
1631197036269.png

And my ItemSlotCollectionView is setup to to monitor that new Item Collection called "Hotbar" (check the Item Collection ID field). The "Item View Slots Container Category Action Set Binding" combined with the "Item View Slot Container Index Actions Handler" allows you to use item actions on specific slots through input instead of mouse click, or selection enter.
1631197404821.png

And my Item View For Hotbar looks something like this:
1631197275331.png

To answer your questions:

1) The Item View slot Container should be its own thing, it should not be used inside an Item Hotbar, it replaces it completely
2) The purpose of item collections are completely optional, its meant such that the system can know what to do if no name is specified. But really you should be using unique names for item collections and setting the purpose to "None" (I really should rename this to "Other"...)
3) Item View Slot Container Index Actions Handler works with a action binding component to use buttons (1-9 are named "Equip First Item", "Equip Second Item", etc... by default, that's what was used in UCC and we use the same for UIS)

I hope that helps

For anyone else that follow's @Sangemdoko setup above. The details provided are excellant,, there were just a couple extra things that took me a couple minutes to work out. The Hotbar now works like the Hotbar in 7 Days to Die.

1. Add the number of slots you want on the hotbar to the Item Slot Set that was linked in the Inventory Hotbar collection
1631315216322.png
2. This one is quite obvious, but just mentioning it anyway. Use the Equipment menu in the UI Deisgner, use the Basic panel option and select the Item Slot Set used in the inventory collection.
1631315639480.png

3. Don't forget to add the new Inventory Item Collection to the Character Inventory Bridge, Equippable Item Collection Names
1631315357359.png