Can't stand up after crouching

OOTO_Tone

I've been having an issue with the crouch ability while trying to build my own animator controller.
The character is able to crouch but unable to toggle it to stand unless I am aiming.

The animator tree stays in the idle loop. My transitions and conditions are the same as the third person demo controller.

1.png

If your animator controller is setup the same, then you may want to use the Animator Monitor component to log the parameter changes and make sure they're changing as expected (comparing it to the demo scene) - you can use this to pin down the source of the issue, e.g. if it's an issue with your custom animations, the crouch ability itself, etc.

Hi Andrew, there is already an animator monitor component attached to my player character. Just not too sure how to use it check that the animations change.

I'd enable the "Log Ability Parameter Changes", then you can use that to check if the AbilityIndex is changing as expected, and compare that to the demo scene. Then you'd want to check your animator controller to see if the transitions match those AbilityIndex changes. E.g. in the demo, crouch uses AbilityIndex of 3, so AbilityIndex changes to 3 then back to 0 when crouching and standing back up - so the animator controller uses transitions based on AbilityIndex=3.