Cannot perform a simple setup with a weapon

jnbbender

Using Unity 2019.2.11 I am able to perform a simple character setup (walk, jump, run, etc.). But while following along with your weapon setup video (
) I am unable to setup a successful weapon. Meaning, the weapon appears to be parented to the character but MANY meters away. When I do manage to get the weapon in front of the character, the character is not reaching for anything.

For this weapon, I do not have an animator so I use the default Assault Rifle animator. I do have a set of weapons with arm animations/animators (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/props/weapons/animated-hands-with-weapons-pack-132915) but the result is the same.

The image below shows the weapon after a major shift in the Position Spring.

Attachments

• ufps-setup.png
    ufps-setup.png
    513.6 KB · Views: 7
Have you setup the assault rifle successfully with the built in assets? I would start with that and then once you get the workflow down you can start to add your own weapons. I recommend following this video:

As this video goes into more detail compared to the one that is on Unity's account. This video also talks about the animator so the full body character will play the correct animations based on the item's animator id.