Cannot get Interactable to work on UCC characters, tried everything i can think of.

Howdy folks!

Okay, so I'm stumped. While trying to integrate Dialog System and UCC, I realized that I wasn't able to get any interactions at all to fire on UCCs that depend on Raycasting. I've messed with layers, tags, ensured that the detected layers mathc up, ensured that object detection is indeed using raycast or even charactercast,. I Have extended thecast distance, i've tried using a Spherecast, and i've changed other objects to use the same layers as the UCC. Same across the board, it works for anything but a UCC character.

The game DOES detect him when i shoot him, so the guns can see him. i tried copying all the same detection settings from the rifle to the general interaction, but that didn't work either. i can shoot him, so SOME raycast is getting that collider, but none other one seems to be.

The Private Hart demo dialog scene works fine, I can interact with him. I've created custom interactions with custom scripts, and on anything that isn't a UCC character they're detected and run when activated. I've ensured that the object ids either match or are at -1, no dice either way. I've even tried putting the detection on dif gameobjects attached to the ucc guy, no joy.

The only lead i have is that when i use interactable, i have to place the things i want to trigger at the top of the gameobject component list, as they grab whatever is at the top. The only possible idea is that somehow this is messing it up? I dunno how it could but aaaaaa.

I've included a screenshot but i'm not 100% on what ya'll would need to see. In the screenshot, the far-left box is the Nolan from the demo. The genSwat_humanoid is the npc i'm trying to interact with, but any npc i make using UCC all seems to have this same issue.

So yeah, I'm just trying to trigger an Interactable/Interact event that's been placed on a UCC guy. In this exmaple it's just a simple "disable yourself when activated/pressed F on when closeby" script. I'm controlling a UCC character that has Interact and it works for everything BUT the other UCC. I've ripped the demo character, tried to use the demo character from the dialog system demo, and built one uip from scratch, none of them seem to grab the UCC NPC's hitbox to raycast for this interaciton.

There's gotta be somethring simple i'm just missing. Any thoughts? And if ya'll need more screenshots/info i'm happy to provide. I HAVE also been checking in the discord, but no luck their either. I'd deeply appreciate any assistance, not being able to Interact with a UCC npc is kind of a roadblock in my demo plans atm.

Attachments

• 2019.12.23-12.56.png
    2019.12.23-12.56.png
    293.1 KB · Views: 3
HOLD UP I GOT IT

_

Tony Li from Pixel Crushers managed to ideitfy the issue. The Interactable and the Dialog System Trigger both need to be on the UCC's capsule collider gameobject. Anywhere else and it won't see the collider, even if other things can.

I believe he's adding notes about this integration into new support docs, so hopefully nobody hits this problem anymore.

Attachments

• colliderucc.png
    colliderucc.png
    175.3 KB · Views: 15