camera looks straight down to ground

gorman94

have a bug where the camera automatically looks straight to the ground, and its difficult moving the camera, happens in fresh scene with fresh create character.

any idea as to what is causing this ?

I don't have one attached, however I have a theory that my graphics tablet might possibly be causing an issue, I'll investigate that. It doesn't happen in the demo scene or the NWH integration demo scene which is odd.

Hm it definitely does look like an input thing, although if it doesn't happen in the demo scene that's odd. You already did "Update Buttons" when setting up the project right? And have you modified any of the input settings? (Either the Unity input manager or your character's UnityInput component)

Whenever this happens it always relates to the input manager not recognizing an unknown device. If you use the new input system integration it would work.

I noticed it happens when I keep the Nolan prefab in scene and start the game scene directly. But in other case, If I start a lobby scene first and then menu manager loads game scene the camera perfectly looks forward.

I am just following PUN add on documentation.

Whenever I keep Nolan prefab in game scene to test weapons and other stuffs like pickups, damage, etc. and start the scene directly this happens. But I can easily move it up with the mouse not like what @gorman94 said.

Following PUN add on documentation, I created a lobby scene where it loads game scene and spawns Nolan prefab, in that case camera works perfect.

PUN requires the prefab to always spawn even for testing. Whenever I am testing even just with a single instance I always start it from the menu scene so that everything loads correctly.

PUN requires the prefab to always spawn even for testing. Whenever I am testing even just with a single instance I always start it from the menu scene so that everything loads correctly.
Yes I completely understand that and I do the same.

For fast testing I load game scene directly. Everything works just fine.
I think only difference in 2 different approach is if I start from Menu scene the PUN registers everything and is able to send RPC properly. My second approach is just to test normal mechanics my character has.

Are you able to reproduce it with a non-PUN character? I know that PUN doesn't support loading the scene directly so if it's only with this method that you are able to reproduce it then I have a feeling that it's related to having a PUN character in a scene that wasn't started with PUN. If you can take PUN out of the mix then I'll have a better idea.