Buttons Mapped Incorrectly?

Kingfisher1019

anyone have a clue as to why I need to hold space and shift to sprint, and if I just hold shift and try to move forward I run backwards and if i hold space bar i jump and continue to move forward. I haven't customized the assets at all, other than using URP.

Run should be just shift by default, or you can assign your own input. Spacebar/shift issue sounds like possibly some strings are assigned to 2 inputs. Have you updated the layer and buttons on Opsive tools main manager settings? The other thing is to test in the demo scene to see if the same things happens there. Then test in a brand new project and compare input manager settings. One last thing to try is to switching to old input system settings which is what I use.
You can change and use the old or new input system, or both which is found in the input manager changing this to old system worked for me by going to;
Project settings
Player
Then look for configuration and there is an option to pick new old or both input systems.

Last edited:
Run should be just shift by default, or you can assign your own input. Spacebar/shift issue sounds like its possibly assigned to 2 strings.
Have you updated the layer and buttons on Opsive tools main manager settings? The other thing is to test in the demo scene to see if the same things happens there. Then test in a brand new project and compare input manager settings. One last thing to try is to switching to old input system settings which is what I use.
You can change and use the old or new input system, or both which is found in the input manager changing this to old system worked for me by going to;
Project settings
Player
Then look for configuration and there is an option to pick new old or both input systems.
I have tried the demo scene and it played exactly the same as the custom scene where I built a new character, as well as tried the new input system but they both yielded the same results. I didn't see an option to use both input systems.

If you select just old input system does the issue resolve?
That's what I was originally using and noticed the issue with, and then trying to switch to the new input system with the exact same results. I'll try to make a brand new project with just the UFPS assets without URP and see if that makes any difference.

Do you have a controller connected? Does the demo online work correctly?