Burst Fire Broken?

wrongdog

I am encountering a strange behavior when the fire mode is set to burst fire. Here is the scenario:

Assume BurstCount = 5
Clip Size = 12
Auto reload = everything

In this scenario, the first 2 bursts work as expected, but on the 3rd burst where there are only 2 rounds left in the clip, the following happens:

- Fire first two rounds of burst to empty clip
- Auto-reload
- Fires last two rounds of burst automatically

This is not the behavior of real world firearms at all - where burst ends when the clip is emptied and does not automatically resume on reload.

To make issues worse, if there are no more rounds in the inventory to reload, the weapon locks and you can not change weapons at all. This certainly isn't how real world weapons work. Please advise.

Are you running the latest version? There have been some changes related to reloading throughout the release cycles. Also, have you tried changing the Auto Reload value?

I'm unable to reproduce the first issue (the burst fire resuming after auto-reloading) - I've got the demo assault rifle set to burst mode, with a burst count of 5 and clip size of 12, auto reload on Everything and reload type as Full. When auto reload occurs, burst fire stops as expected.

As for the second issue, with getting locked to the weapon and being unable to switch, this is a bug (the Use ability doesn't get stopped when burst firing until empty), thanks for notifying us! This will get fixed in the next update.

I would update to see if it fixes the first error - I remember working on burst but I don't remember the version. The item that you mentioned in that thread has been included in the current version.