[Bug][Unity 2021.1.4f1][BD 1.6.8] ExternalBehaviorTree Inspector window issue

genoli

Problem: After opening an ExternalBehaviorTree, if I try to click on any asset items in Project window (like a script file), it snaps the Inspector window back to the ExternalBehaviorTree (as if I clicked on that file instead).

This is reproduce-able in a fresh project:

1. Import BD 1.6.8 into a fresh Unity 2021.1.4f1 project.
2. Create an ExternalBehaviorTree by right clicking in Project window.
3. Click on the file it in Project window
4. Click Open button in Inspector window to open the BD window.
5. Close the BD window.
6. Try to browse the Project folder (click on another script) and the Inspector window snaps back to that ExternalBehaviorTree.

I have to restart Unity in order to stop it from constantly snapping back, be much appreciated if you could fix this asap as it affects my main project which was recently upgraded to 2021.

Regards,

I tried to reproduce this but wasn't able to using Unity 2021.1. Make sure you do not have the inspector locked (the little lock icon on the top right) and try a different version of Unity. If it still persists I would submit a bug report to Unity. Behavior Designer does not modify what appears in the inspector.

After some digging it appears to be a Unity bug where the Inspector becomes 'locked' in certain scenarios even though it isn't and it seems they won't fix it and affects all recent versions (I tried 2020/2021).

To avoid the issue:

1. Keep BD window docked/open.
2. Enter/exit play mode to reset Inspector once finished working on an ExternalBehaviorTree.