[BUG] Item View For Grid prefab is taken from the wrong schema

Gugbert

I copied the 'Classic' UI schema and changed it to make my own schema. Among other things, I changes the sprite of the grid cell ( Inventory, Hotbar ), in the 'Item View For Grid' prefab. While in the scene view everything seems to be ok, after starting in the game view the cells are painted with the default sprite ( see screenshots ). After hours of seaching for the problem, I changed the sprite in the original Opsive classic schema, then my own sprite was drawn. It seems this prefab is taken from the original schema and not from the copied one.

Attachments

• Scene.JPG
    Scene.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Game.JPG
    Game.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Inspector.JPG
    Inspector.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 5
Update: Further examination showed that the references to the original schema are introduced by the CategoryItemViewSet ScriptableObject. Replacing those references with the ones from my schema fixes this issue, but unfortunately my sword isn't painted anymore.
It seems the routine which duplicates the schema doesn't replace the references in the ScriptableObjects, therefore I still consider this as a bug.
The reason why the inventory item isn't painted anymore, I still have to investigate.

Attachments

• CategoryItemViewSet.JPG
    CategoryItemViewSet.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Game2.JPG
    Game2.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 7
Oops, I've seen this bug was already reported in this thread:
Bug is still present. I use UIS 1.2.6 and Unity 2020.3.27f1

Thank you for letting me know, I thought I had fixed it but clearly it is not the case. I'll add it to my TODO list. It could take a while to fix though... So if possible I'd recommend to be careful with prefab references for now and fix them manually.