[Bug] Impact on transparent surfaces (HDRP) and Z Fighting

Hello,

I have a problem with shooting transparent surfaces in HDRP.

1. UTPS
2. 2019.4
3. I have the default pistol setup which has a surface impact set to Bullet and when I shoot my transparent glass it leaves this impact

trr.png

4. The material Im shooting at is using HDRP Lit shader and has base color set to black with Alpha = 85. Everything else is from the default pistol setup.

The other problem that I have no matter if the surface Im shooting at is transparent or not is that when I shoot the same place more than once there is Z fighting because the bullet holes are positioned very closely.

HDRP is not officially supported yet, mainly because of the first person perspective but little things like this will also need to be added in. In this case though it sounds like it's a shader issue so you should be able to update the materials.

@skinwalker

Were you able to resolve this with your shader settings? I'm currently experiencing the same issue with the square borders on my footstep decals in HDRP.

Thanks,
Nathan

Hey, Figured it out thanks to @DankP3 on the Discord channel. Here are the settings I used, note the Change to Transparency and enabling Alpha Clipping.

FootprintMaterial.PNG

Last edited: