bow arrow visible in Tps , but not in Fps (In gamemode)

eminkocak

This is my first post. Purchased Yesterday Ultimate Character Controller. And its my first asset ever that I pay... and very expensive start for me. I say a big hello to you all, and hope that we have great time together for a long time. And here it come .. the question. Its a little messy btw.

I've been following the tutorial now, and try to add the arrow. I added the projectile. Visibility : Always. The only thing that I changed was Projectile Fired Layer.
It was standart VisualEffect in my unity 2019... so I change it to the same thing as in the video: Defealt
added arrow.png
Then I added the states
so, Lets play... it start as third person view and everything looks ok so far

Than I switch to Fps its not visible in game view
The Green mesh or collider is visible if I click NolanFirstPersonArms ore the Arrow(Clone) in Playmode. So There is a arrow in the schene with the Arrow(Clone)
plus the clone Arrow(Clone) is in Overlay Layer. And the working Third person perspective Arrow(Clone) is in ignore raycast Layer.. and its working. But why not the First person perspective

And I noticed that when click LMB shoot and I release it button, it doesnt release or pullback to its origin.. it stays in the same place
stretched out

Attachments

• stretched.png
    stretched.png
    332.4 KB · Views: 1
I found some script in the ThirdPerson-Bow, and has a Force Visible for forcing to be visible in the FirstpersonView. problem 1, you get 2 bows. problem 2(sort of problem) it fixes the invisible arrow in the FirstPersonView.... why. Why is a (finally) arrow added in FPSview when enabling a force to make the BOW visible in the FPSview. This is not a fix to my problem. That is sure.

Here is the ThirdPerson Left hand Bow with that script

Here is my FirstPerson Left hand Bow

When activate the force Visible in Thirdperson script, extra bow is visible(thats not what I want) but (my actual problem)there is a ARROW ADDED TO MY FIRSTPERSONBOW. what is the force visibility ALWAYS BOW to do with a arrow adding in a firstperson ITEM
and it stays stretched after i release my mouse button.

I found 1 thing more I hope the problem is there, and 1 of you can help me :(

i go to Play mode I click in the scene my arrow(clone) in Thirdperson the shader of arrow(clone) is in standard.
I go to Play mode I click in the scene my arrow(clone) in Firstperson the shader of arrow(clone) is Ultimate Character Controller / First Person Controller / Invisible Shadow Caster.

so if I change IN PLAY MODE to standart it will be visible...

and thats just temporary .. so after stop everything is back to his problem. there is only 1 time that we add a arrow prefab, and is in Nolan/Items/Bow/
inspector: shootable Weapon (Script) / Projectile Arrow(I tried both prefabs). why would the shader be different in TPV and FPV. and after adding, i made the projectile Visibility to always like in TutoVIDEO, projectile Start Layer is Ignore Raycast Like in VIDEO. in states added the Preset like in video. And it shut work now as the guy say in de VIDEO. ASSAULT IS PERFECT BOW IS PERFECT IN POSITION. FirstPersonBowShootableWeaponPreset Projectile Visibility = Always , Projectile Start Layer = 29.

There is a lot going on so it's tough to debug, but just to get started have you setup an assault rifle? The bow is one of the most complicated items to setup so I would first get the assault rifle working for the workflow.

When you are in third person view you will see both the first and third person bow in the scene view, but it looks like the third person bow is visible when you are in first person? You do not want the enable force visible when the character is in first person view.

The bow is also a runtime pickup so if you drag the pickup object into your scene from the demo scene it will instantiate at runtime. You can use this to compare against the setup that you have.

There is a lot going on so it's tough to debug, but just to get started have you setup an assault rifle? The bow is one of the most complicated items to setup so I would first get the assault rifle working for the workflow.

When you are in third person view you will see both the first and third person bow in the scene view, but it looks like the third person bow is visible when you are in first person? You do not want the enable force visible when the character is in first person view.

The bow is also a runtime pickup so if you drag the pickup object into your scene from the demo scene it will instantiate at runtime. You can use this to compare against the setup that you have.
I think this asset has too much bugs. everytime its different luck or fail for example i record this video
making sword from beginning

so what is going wrong here, invisible sword

I just followed your video exactly using a fresh project and the sword appeared. The scene that I created is at:

Did you start your video from a fresh import of UCC? The steps that you took should work with a fresh import but just in case here are the troubleshooting steps for if your item isn't equipping:

First of All: im very confused with this asset

My main questions are: what are the rules with this asset.
if 1 thing is in problem, do I need to start all over again with new import?
I dont remember all of the thing that I did yesterday... I was really a long time busy with this UCC, tried to fix the invisible arrow.. succes but, a minute later another problem, position of the arrow is not good. when the arrow was invisible before it was in good position ... just invisible...(like in my first post above) so im about to lose my mind .... here comes my messy story

No Not from fresh project. I followed the melee episode tutorial. I had already problems with the bow arrow... I skipped, keep my working assault rifle. then begin with the melee episode.

ow plus removing bow Item was also with weird glitches, it did nothing(not removing sometimes), I needed to remove my self from hierarchy.(that not the right way I think) But which one is the question... fpv/bow- tpv/bow and items/bow... is that enough... (the next morning I found a arrow slot in my inventory, after all the MeleeSword things)

After removing bow arrow and started with the sword (I have still my working assault)
The sword was visible but with errors. Cant remember what the error was, i know I encountered this error "the First Person Combat MovementType is active while the ViewType recommends using Third Person Adventure" ... but when? I think it was when I tried to create a sword, in item Manager in TPV section it put automaticly to the left hand instead the right. whatever...

I decided then to start from fresh, not fresh project but fesh empty scene. UCC is still in project and my saved old scene with working assault. And did the exact same thing as in the video... 3 times 3 times invisible item. uploaded video youtube and here, I had to work at night, now im back tired, open my same project, with my assault rifle, sword is visible now ... really confusing this I will read the EQUIP UNEQUIP tomorrow... I think I need to read the DOC before the TURORIAL VIDEO.

ps: I noticed something arrow is in inventory?? thats a old one :D

The next time if one error or something happens I go fresh again COMPLETE FRESH PROJECT that can be better for me now

I am determined to learn this asset

ps: the story is looks long and messy, i'm sorry, after 8 hours UCC + 8 hours hard work.

I was asking about the fresh project just to ensure no files were modified and the steps that I took to follow your video were the exact same. The arrow probably appeared in the inventory when you were adding the bow and added it to the default loadout.