Block/Parry

I set up the Item ability "Block" to an input button but the animation does not play, I made sure that the animation audio clip number was added and everything. so my question is does it require someone to be attacking me to activate the animation or can I set it up so the animation will play on a button push?

Have you tried creating a new item ability instead of using the default Block ability? Also, make sure that the ability's priority is set accordingly (how high the ability is in the list of abilities determines its priorities - it will get overridden by other active abilities above the list).

No I have not tried making a new block ability just trying to use the default block, do you think it would work if I made a new one?
and I just tried moving the Block ability up, down and in between and the animation still does not play. maybe I didn't set it up right do you know the numbers I should put in the animation clip list, I Put 7 for Block and 8 for Parry cause that's what is there but maybe its the wrong number?
thanks

Right now the block ability only works when there is an impact with the shield Item Action. I can add it to my list to allow it to be able to start with input, but right now it'll take either a new ability or modification within the Block ability.

okay that's good to know. I have a continuation on this can I set-up a item with a "shield" component to do a shield bash? or world I have to set the item up as a melee weapon to do that?
thanks