Best way to change characters?

leeheo72

I've been trying to find a way to change characters in the game. When I press a button, I want the player model and itemset to change. What would be the best way to accomplish this? I'm using third person controller.

This are two separate questions. To switch the equipment through code, you can find the required APIs here: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/artificial-intelligence/

For the character the questions is what you want to do. The easiest way is having multiple meshes / skins sharing the same avatar / skeleton. Then you can simply enable / disable different skinned mesh renderers or replace the mesh.
Thank you for your fast response! Would it be possible to just create two characters through the character manager and switch between the two?

You can do that, but you are going to run into issues with keeping the same camera values and also have to setup two sets of weapons, abilities, and character properties. Version 3 has this feature built in so I recommend waiting for it to be released within a month or two. This required a lot of structural changes in order to get right.