Behavior designer editor BUG for costing too much repaint time.

CherryBone

Hi Justin:

I found that, if I expand all task nodes in task panel, then when I drag the editor nodes the editor would keep low frame, and if I collapse all task nodes then the UI would respond faster. So I guest that the task panel cost too much for repainting and it maybe solved by optimizing the GUI of task panel? Or can I change the defaul panel when I open a behaviorTree, such as opening inspector window. (ps. I just create a new project and the task nodes have exsited when the plugin inited)
1584443408375.png

And I want to ask for a feature about the editor:

I can not see the whole name of task if I use "space" to call out a search window while the name of task is too long:
1584442537857.png
So I think the window should be scalable or it would scale to fit the longest name of task automatically.

I have tried solutions in the past to cull drawing the task list if the button isn't visible but this ended up leading to more problems than it solved. This has been solved for version 2 since we are no longer using IMGUI.

So I think the window should be scalable or it would scale to fit the longest name of task automatically.
I don't want to resize the window based on the largest button width because as you are searching this would keep resizing the window. In this case I think having it be left aligned and then a tooltip would be the best solution.

I have tried solutions in the past to cull drawing the task list if the button isn't visible but this ended up leading to more problems than it solved. This has been solved for version 2 since we are no longer using IMGUI.

I don't want to resize the window based on the largest button width because as you are searching this would keep resizing the window. In this case I think having it be left aligned and then a tooltip would be the best solution.

Nice! May I ask that what's the publishing time of version 2 ?

For that feature, I think it's enough if I can customize the width of the window in code (or other place)