Animator Controller Breaks After Melee Attacks

Hey y'all, I've known about this bug for a while in my project and now I'm getting around to addressing it and I need some help. I was able to get the bug to show up in the Demo scene and in the video below it appears at the 5 second mark. When doing melee attacks the animator controller breaks on the Punch 1 Heavy From Idle state. The controller then becomes frozen in the upper body and sometimes freezes in the lower body as well. I looked at the settings on the transitions and such and nothing seemed like an obvious problem to me. Please advise.

Animator Breaks 01.png
Animator Breaks 02.png

Based on your screenshot you adjusted the animator? It looks like one of the events are not being received to end the use state.

Based on your screenshot you adjusted the animator? It looks like one of the events are not being received to end the use state.
I believe this is the original Demo animator. I just downloaded the updated UCC package within the last few weeks and I don't remember making any changes to the Demo animator. I have my own animator that I made that was based off the Demo animator where I just added some things. This was the Demo animator on Nolan in the Demo project. If you watch the video you'll see it works most of the time and then breaks. If an event is sometimes not being received to end the state, then what are some possible solutions?

I've seen the event not being received within blend trees. Normally when you add the event to all of the motions within the blend tree it works.

I am now working with version 2.4 and we've changed a lot of the melee animations. I recommend waiting for this update and seeing if you can get it stuck there. I'm not sure why your version has blend trees without any motions.

I've seen the event not being received within blend trees. Normally when you add the event to all of the motions within the blend tree it works.

I am now working with version 2.4 and we've changed a lot of the melee animations. I recommend waiting for this update and seeing if you can get it stuck there. I'm not sure why your version has blend trees without any motions.
Perfect! I'll hold tight on this and wait for new version and I'll test it out of the box in a new project and see if I can break it. Thanks Justin!