Animation states

leissler

I have a prototype where I'd like to have a pirate character increasingly drunk, the more rum he's had.
I could download several of these drunk animations from Mixamo for testing. Now when the character walks, runs (and probably in other animations) the "drunkenness" should be blended into the normal animations. So in 50% drunk, it should blend in 50% of the drunk-walk animation into the walk.
The same could, e.g., be done for an "injured" state.
As far as I understand the UCC state system, it is not meant for these kind of animation states.
Is there a good way to achieve this in UCC? Probably somehow with mecanim layers?

I would approach this by writing a new ability that overrides the FloatData parameter. From there you can use a blendtree within the animator. If you need to use the FloatData for other things (such as jumping which uses it) then you could create a new parameter in your animator and have the ability set that parameter.

Alright. That would be the traditional way. Create an extra parameter "Drunk" (e.g. float) and have a drunk ability set the parameter (Interesting that we speak of drunkenness as an "ability" :D ). I would just have hoped that UCC has some kind of animation state system and it wouldn't need to tinker with mecanim directly.
Would you then add an animation layer with the drunkard blend tree?

The character controller doesn't have any state system for animations. It relies on the animator controller.

Would you then add an animation layer with the drunkard blend tree?
It really depends on the animations that you have and what else is playing, but that's one approach. Your layer could be additive as well.