An error while running

vivram

Hello, I followed the tutorials and tried running the Demo Scene with Unity 2022.2.3f1. Both fail and it gets stuck while in "Play" mode.

1.> The screenshot attached is based on the Video tutorial. error - It seems like a variable is set with wrong values which is later used to update position.

2.> The Demo scene does not throw this specific error as above but as soon as I choose locomotion through the menu, it gets stuck. ( tried wasd and other keys but it seems stuck )

Is this my unity version or am I missing some step ? Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• 2023-06-27.png
    2023-06-27.png
    353.8 KB · Views: 4
Is the First Person Controller GameObject an AI agent? This shouldn't matter but do you have a surface to stand on? I just tried to reproduce that error but wasn't able to.

Is the First Person Controller GameObject an AI agent?
It is the basic setup right after character creation using the opsive setup tool. I tried as stated in the tutorial video.

This shouldn't matter but do you have a surface to stand on?
I dont have a surface to stand on. It was just the capsule. I will create a collision terrain and test it to see if it works with that.

NOTE: I tried the Demo too which does have a plane, but that does not respond once I choose one of the options ( ex locomotion ). I am able to escape out and choose another option but that also appears stuck.

Last edited:
This post is in the Behavior Designer section, so you aren't creating an AI agent? Which video are you referring to?